Friday, August 21, 2009

How to Look Back at Your Study Abroad Experience

Argentina

It has been a little over a year since I studied abroad in Buenos Aires. I can not believe that whole experience is now in the past. What I remember most vividly about my time there was my first two weeks in the city. It was a complete and utter culture shock.

Before that point, I had never traveled completely alone. That was my first time. I have never felt more alone than I was there. I knew no one when I began my study abroad experience in Buenos Aires. I met a handful of people through my study abroad program. I had not met anyone I actually wanted to see again. If I did, I was terrified of calling them and starting the process to become friends.

I was so uncomfortable and scared those first two weeks that I sent both my parents a sad email (a rarity for me) explaining how lonely I felt.

Little did I know that those first two weeks would impact the rest of my study abroad experience...

What was your study abroad experience??

No comments:

Post a Comment