Monday, August 24, 2009

How to Talk to Argentine Men

Argentina
In those beginning two weeks of my time abroad, I met an Argentine boy (neither of the guys pictured above, I unfortunately could not get a picture of him). Not just any Argentine guy, a guy that worked at my local grocery market. He asked me out when I was ordering cheese and ham. He was persistent, so I let in and gave him my number. Then, as I was leaving the supermarket, I could not find my way home despite the fact I was literally blocks away from my house.

This guy got me so flustered I went around in circles for an hour. That's what Argentine boys do to you, they make you flustered.

Here are five tips when dealing with Argentine men:
1. They are all forward!! I mean all.
2. They tend to catcall on the street, ignore it unless you think the guy is worth your time.
3. They will think that you are more likely to go back home with them because you are American.
4. They will try to sound sexy and seductive in Spanish by using phrases like: "Que hermosa sos!" and "Ay mami, eres tan linda!"
5. If you have a boyfriend and you tell an Argentine guy this, they will probably respond with (in Spanish): "Oh, you have a boyfriend? But he's not here right?"

Next time: How to Make Friends While Abroad

No comments:

Post a Comment