Sunday, August 23, 2009

How to Go Out in Buenos Aires

bar

I remember my first night out in Buenos Aires as one of the most uncomfortable situations I have ever been in. It was two days after I arrived in Buenos Aires. I had met a group of four nice and out-going girls. They invited me to get a drink with them in a bar in Palermo Soho.

In the time I waited for them, I kept thinking that they would not show. In the beginning of friendships, I always fear that things would not work out or that a proposed meeting was just a trick. Luckily, this meeting was not a trick. It worked out. They all showed up.

We talked about our first reactions to the city and how we all wanted to become good friends over the course of our time there. I liked all these girls. They were fun, sweet, and eager to become good friends with me (who isn't when you are abroad in a foreign place where you know no one?).

I left that evening certain that I would become good friends with those girls even though we had just met.

No comments:

Post a Comment